1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony compatibility

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ajob3, Jul 15, 2005.

1. ajob3

ajob3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Am thinking of buying a Sony DVD camcorder, maybe the DVD92E. I have a phillips DVD recorder/player which takes DVD+RW discs. DOes anyone know if the 2 are compatible? I've read a little about the Sony camcorder taking both -RW and +RW disks, but I've also read that they may not then be compatible to play on a DVD player? Any ideas? Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    To try and avoid getting flamed by one or two other members here I wont go into details as to why you should avoid DVD camcorders, but instead suggest you do a search of this forum for the many reasons from many other members! :suicide:
    After reading about the pros & cons of DVD camcorders you may still find that they offer what you want, but at least you will know the down sides to them! I'm not saying you should avoid them at all costs, but I believe there is better to be had, and often for less money.

Mark.

3. michodge

michodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a DVD92E and while compatibility hasn't been a problem in any of the DVD players I have (3 different types) you should probably know that you may have problems downloading to your PC and then editing on your PC, it is possible, but is not straight forward, Check the thread Sony Handycam DVD 203E for further details