Sony CMT-CP11 doesn't remember presets.

Steven T

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a Sony CMT-CP11 micro HiFi which we use in the kitchen. Although it's getting on a bit now it still works and sounds fine apart from not remembering radio presets after it's been switched off. If I program in the stations and leave it on standby (which I don't like doing) then switch it on again it's fine but if I switch it off at the mains it looses all the preset information.

My (totally uneducated!) guess is that it needs a new battery? If this is the answer, are they easy to obtain and fit?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Steve

Last edited:
If anyone could offer advice before I reach for the hammer, it would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Yes, I guess it's obviously matter of a battery, on the tuner board. I don't know this particular model inside, but in my experience, I think this little parts are not detachable. You may take it to service... and see if it's worth repairing it. I may be receiving one of this soon, so I promise to see inside and tell you. Refer to user's manual, maybe this is specified by them, how long do presets last.

This system does have something like a battery on the tuner board, but I'm not sure it is. Anyway it's not detachable.
The user's manual points out that preset information resets if you push power button while unpluged.
That's all I know.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom