1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony CMT-A50

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by earwax, Sep 21, 2005.

1. earwax

earwax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Probably this is beneath most as it is only a cube type format, receiver, tape deck and cd plyer but nonetheless I would appreciate some advice.

I live in an area that is subject to local power outages. unfortunately I found that the Sony CMT-A50 loses all its settings so I have to tediously rest every time and outage occurs. Had I known I would not have bought the model- why don't they put essential info like that up front and not in the middle of the instruction book?- grrrr!

Question: Is there any way to install a battery back up so that I retain the settings during a power outage?

Thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You could run it through a suitably specc'd PC type UPS(like the Belkins etc that most of the big PC retailers sell),and given the power requirements of your Sony,one of those should be sufficient for a considerable length of time if the CMT-A50 is in standby during a power failure.

3. earwax

earwax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks. I am not very up in terminology. What is a <<PC type UPS..? Have you a particular model in mind and what are the essentials to consider in specs?

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674