sony cinema surround sound connections

josey

Standard Member
Hi, I have the following a KV-32FX68U CRT tv connected to a sky+ box, a sony DVD recorder and a Sony DAV-SA30 compact AV System 5.1 surround sound home cinema. The question is, I can play DVD films on the DAV-SA30 and get surround sound and watch the film on the tv. I can't get surround sound while watching normal tv, is this possible? There are 3 scart connections on the rear of the tv and they are all in use, one to the sky+, one to the DVD recorder and one to the DAV-SA30 DVD home cinema. There are two other connectors on the rear of the tv (jack plug type connectors) one is labeled L/G/S/I and the other is labeled R/D/D/D, on the rear of the DAV-SA30 dvd home cinema are two similar connectors.....are these the connections I need to use and what cables do I need to allow this to be done? Sorry for the long post

Josey

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If it your s/sound unit has red/white audio inputs (RCA phono) simply connect the sky+ to the Sony and you'll get Dolby Pro Logic (pseudo surround sound) from your sky box. As the sky+ box has twin tuners (one for record, one for viewing) I doubt you watch the TV's tuner much? I don't think your Sony has optical for 5.1 from sky so it's probably the best you can hope for. You simply need a RCA phono cable (red/white) which you probably have lying around.

josey

Standard Member
will get some cables off of my brother in law and give it a go. thanks will let you know how I get on.

josey

Standard Member
connected cables, but didn't get any sound via the surround sound, there are three lots three of female jacks for input on the dvd player, have tried each but no go.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Did you select the external audio input by pressing "EXT", "AUX" or such like on the remote? Sorry, I can't find much info on your system and am at work so access to some sites and downloads is limited.

Can you post pics of the connections?

josey

Standard Member
sorry but am unable to post pictures, there is not any button on the remote to input ext or aux. Think I will just have to live with the way it is. Thanks anyway

josey

Standard Member
I found out that by using the function button, it would scroll through several inputs, the tv input seems to work using the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom