Sony centre...

P

peluchi

hi guys, Im looking to buy the sony 40" X series tv when it is available but I'm wondering where I stand on price. I would like to buy it from my local sony centre. I went in the other day and asked if they price-match. The staff member was very guarded on the subject and wouldn't give me a straight answer other than that they'd have a look for me. I've seen other people on here say that the sony centre have price matched for them and I'm wondering what their policy is. Do they match the web or is it only high street? Thanks for your time.

peluchi said:
hi guys, Im looking to buy the sony 40" X series tv when it is available but I'm wondering where I stand on price. I would like to buy it from my local sony centre. I went in the other day and asked if they price-match. The staff member was very guarded on the subject and wouldn't give me a straight answer other than that they'd have a look for me. I've seen other people on here say that the sony centre have price matched for them and I'm wondering what their policy is. Do they match the web or is it only high street? Thanks for your time.

I was most unimpressed with my local 'Sony Centre', they were basically box-shifters and not very familiar with the products they were selling, i.e. "Nah mate if you put a TopUpTV card in the side of a V32 and it falls into the bottom of the case - will cost you a £100 to get it out", they had never heard of a CAM adapter even though it was listed in the manual.

I went to the local Sony Dealer (and authorised Service agent) and got them to match the price which they did willingly. The Sony Centre was in Leamington Spa btw.

Oh yes and that Sony dealer gleefully sold me the CAM Adapter for £50 too.... Works a treat.

PELICHI! i'm also looking to buy the same t.v perhaps we can work together?

thanks for the replies. Cosmicblue, was that a high street or internet price match that you got?

Hello peluchi

Most (if not all) Sony Centres in the UK are franchises - as such I doubt there is a 'global' agreement on Price Matching; they can offer to sell you the unit at whatever price they are comfortable with.

I'd also have to say there seems to be all sorts of mental looking pricing being bandied about on these TV's - mostly by retailers that don't have any in stock.

Joe

If you think they are a good company and they get somewhere close to the price you want then buy from the store. Buying from a person is far better than from a PC screen. Service has to count for something. They will probably not match some of the net prices to be found but you will def get better service.

peluchi said:
thanks for the replies. Cosmicblue, was that a high street or internet price match that you got?

High Street.

I went into the Sony Dealer (Walls in Leamington Spa) and saw the owner and said "Look, I can buy the TV for £xx from the Sony Centre (they had a one day special offer on too) but I'd rather buy it from you, right now" he matched the price and I waved the plastic.

Bear in mind that these shops get plagued by dreamers asking for prices and never doing anything about it - so if you are serious just 'go for the close' and buy one.

There is no doubt that Walls would have liked to charge extra for delivery/installation - seeing as taking it out of the box, plugging it in and letting auto-setup take care of everything else (KDL V32-2000) is all there is to it I did it myself. Oh yes and Lyris's settings for the V32 and I was in business with one quite awesome TV.

At the time I could have saved about £100 more by buying on-line but I wanted the piece of mind that goes with being able to take it back if it turned out to be junk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom