Bargain Expired Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

They have the XH9505 55 on there but only 1 Yr guarantee I think.
£899

However not much of a saving as you can get the 55 new for £999 with 5 year guarantee

Success!!!

After weeks of trying i have bagged a TV. It’s not quite a 49 9505 but it’s a KD49XG9005BU at 529!

guys please tell me this one is ok? Does anybody know the difference between this and the 9505? I’m guessing year older with a slower processor? Anything else?

Please could somebody recommend what tests to run when it arrives.
thank you

Discussion thread here for that model, plenty to read

Thanks Vickster.

I’ve just scanned a few pages of that thread and might now be suffering from a case of buyers remorse!!

its got a slower processor, sound seems to be not as good. No eArc - no idea what that is. Also unlikely to get the latest version of Android tv

That’s what can happen if buying a older model, reflected in the price. It’s a 9005 rather than 9505
Smart features can be revitalised with a Firestick

Ex display 5 year warranty 9505 for £699 (if you happen to be in Essex or Leeds)

Last edited:
damn. I thought that this was last years very capabie hdr version with very good brightness.

I wonder if it’s possible to cancel my oeser

damn. I thought that this was last years very capabie hdr version with very good brightness.

Maybe it is? I’m not sure.
Try it and see if you’re happy with it...you can always return if not...but don’t go looking for problems because someone has mentioned it on a forum!

Thanks Vickster.

I’ve just scanned a few pages of that thread and might now be suffering from a case of buyers remorse!!

its got a slower processor, sound seems to be not as good. No eArc - no idea what that is. Also unlikely to get the latest version of Android tv
eArc is overrated at the moment, many are reporting issues. Sound can be sorted out by a soundbar and I find streaming much better from an AppleTV.

It will be as long as it hasn't left the warehouse. Although expect a minimum of 2 weeks before you get your refund. And that's if it hasn't left the warehouse yet.

The 49XH91 isn't the replacement for the 49XG9005. The 49XG9005 is closer to the newer XH9505 (XG9505 before that).

The 49XH91 is misleadingly the same TV as the XH85 series. Edge lit without local dimming. Low peak brightness.

Thanks everybody. I’ll see what happen when it arrives. I’ve got a fire stick that would deal with the smart tv issue

I’ll just need to work out how to test the tv and hope I have got a good one
The 49XH91 isn't the replacement for the 49XG9005. The 49XG9005 is closer to the newer XH9505 (XG9505 before that).

The 49XH91 is misleadingly the same TV as the XH85 series. Edge lit without local dimming. Low peak brightness.

Any 43 or 29" deal?
Do you mean 49?
The deals are usually posted on Thursday.
Have you checked the site? The 43s don’t sell out like the bigger screens

Guys it’s arrived abs my first issue is to try to get it into service mode to see how many hours it has and I’m failing.
the instructions say

HardResetmOnce the TV turns off, press the buttons on the remote in this order: i+, 5, Volume -, and then POWER.

I think the i key is in the middle of the ring but nothing happens. It’s aKD49XG9005BU. Anybody got any ideas

Guys it’s arrived abs my first issue is to try to get it into service mode to see how many hours it has and I’m failing.
the instructions say

HardResetmOnce the TV turns off, press the buttons on the remote in this order: i+, 5, Volume -, and then POWER.

I think the i key is in the middle of the ring but nothing happens. It’s aKD49XG9005BU. Anybody got any ideas
Sounds like you're doing it correctly:

I was pressing the wrong button.

I’ve got 3 numbers at the bottom of the blue screen

00721. 00510. 00721

does anybody know which number shows how many hours it’s been on. If it’s 721 is that not very high?

thank you. the operating hours seems a bit high to me for a grade a. I thought they would not be over 500. I wonder if it should speak to Sony about the hours on the set.

the panel looks fine. The set even came with clear protective tape round the frame edges. I think it’s too old to have been a demo model at a Sony Store. I wonder if it has had a new panel. Maybe when replacing the panel they also replace the frame hence the protective tape.

thank you. the operating hours seems a bit high to me for a grade a. I thought they would not be over 500. I wonder if it should speak to Sony about the hours on the set.

the panel looks fine. The set even came with clear protective tape round the frame edges. I think it’s too old to have been a demo model at a Sony Store. I wonder if it has had a new panel. Maybe when replacing the panel they also replace the frame hence the protective tape.
Don't worry about it. You buy a refurbished TV its normal to have hours on the TV. Probably even more so since this is a 2019 model and not a 2020 one.

The hours are not reset when they make a repair. Everything about the TV could be new apart from the mainboard that was taken from a broken TV.

This is the process of refurbishment, they take parts that are salvageable, and replace parts that are broken and replaceable. Having even 1000 hours is not a problem at all.

As you say, your TV probably just had a panel replacement.

Have a word with them, they might knock something off the price?

I just called and no dice with getting any money off. The tv is fine. The only issue is android tv is a tad lagging. The question is do I stick or twist.
i could return and try and get a 49 9505 but I’ve failed miserably In trying to get one. anybody know if the 9505 is a lot faster than a 9005?

I just called and no dice with getting any money off. The tv is fine. The only issue is android tv is a tad lagging. The question is do I stick or twist.
i could return and try and get a 49 9505 but I’ve failed miserably In trying to get one. anybody know if the 9505 is a lot faster than a 9005?
The CPU in the high end 2020 Sony TVs is the Cortex A73 discussed here which is a big jump from the Cortex A53 you have in your TV. TBH, if you are find the interface laggy then I would return and call around Sony stores to see what deals are to be had on the 49XH9505.

I wonder why the 55XH9505 is the same price as the 65 version... I was hoping the price of the 55 would come down!

I wonder why the 55XH9505 is the same price as the 65 version... I was hoping the price of the 55 would come down!
Probably supply and demand, maybe fewer 55s and more demand for them so no need to reduce price. Simple economics

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom