Bargain Expired Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

Do you have to buy the warranty extension at the same time? WHo do you call? Was going to order a TV off the clearance site but cant see an option to do it....

Do you have to buy the warranty extension at the same time? WHo do you call? Was going to order a TV off the clearance site but cant see an option to do it....
No, and I really wouldn’t until you are happy with it. You have a year until you need to apply the additional 4yrs.

Well it's arrived and looks ok good shape from the outside. Does anyone know how I find out where its come from? I can't see anything giving me store details for the warranty

Attachments

• F079B058-CE72-4C25-88C2-E17DAC878A2D.jpeg
    F079B058-CE72-4C25-88C2-E17DAC878A2D.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 164
Well it's arrived and looks ok good shape from the outside. Does anyone know how I find out where its come from? I can't see anything giving me store details for the warranty
My receipt came from Leeds sony Centre so check yours

All I have on my delivery note is Carlisle Sony Centre. Must be that one?
I believe they come from Sony Refurb Centre. Carlisle is just the allocated store you have to contact for any issues or warranty extensions.

I am actually still waiting on my refund 2 weeks after the broken TV was collected. However I not that it wasn't even sent to Sony until 10 days after it left my house.

The 55XH9505BU is now selling for £999 new.

Hopefully Sony will sort out the refurb price this week

Been on TV that my local John Lewis store will NOT be reopening - might want to bear that in mind when deciding who to buy from

Fingers crossed! I do wonder if they've forgot to remove the 10% off code, so not sure how long it'll last...
Looks like you were right as cant see the extra 10% off now - missed the boat again as all seem to be back up to £1199 except Currys with the extra 10% topcashback. Wonder if my local RS will price match Currys @ £1199- 10% cashback then beat by £20? £1060ish? Call in the morning and fingers double crossed

Finally got the TV in the wall. I must say given its a refurb so far I'm very impressed. Box was in great condition, TV still had that clear protector along all four edges. The feet were still in their airtight packaging and the panel seems fine thus far.

Hours attached.

Attachments

• 017C3CD3-EF2E-4AE0-9F17-0EB4DE32D498.jpeg
    017C3CD3-EF2E-4AE0-9F17-0EB4DE32D498.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 133
Anybody know if they’ll be a stock update today? Really want to get a 49xh9505

It's a Yes/No/Maybe.

We have on idea. It's normally updated on a Thurs/Fri but it depends upon the stock levels which none of us are privy to.

Anybody know if they’ll be a stock update today? Really want to get a 49xh9505
Dunno, but TBH the 49XH9505 is available new for £849, just over £800 if you can get a discounted Currys gift card.

If the current pricing holds and they try and hold their current pricing to £699 means that a refurb with a warranty is £759 whereas for another £90 you can get a new one?

Last edited:
I did wonder about the KD55XH9005BU instead of a 55 9505. I am correct it would be equivalent to a 49 8505 and not great at hdr

I did wonder about the KD55XH9005BU instead of a 55 9505. I am correct it would be equivalent to a 49 8505 and not great at hdr
I have a 8505 and it's OK at HDR (I accept that there would be difference side by side but I have compared SDR and HDR and prefer HDR, I was more than happy to have SDR if that was better but it's not to my eyes).

The 9005 is better at HDR and the 9505 is the best.

The 9005 is a "just nearly capable" HDR TV. It outputs 750 Nits max of brightness, ideally, for good HDR, you want 1000 Nits minimum for an LCD and the 9505 surpasses that.

The 9505 is a "just nearly capable" HDR TV. It outputs 750 Nits max of brightness, ideally, for good HDR, you want 1000 Nits minimum for an LCD and the 9505 surpasses that.
You mean the 9005 I assume?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom