Bargain Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

So just turned my refurb 85" on and nothing happened. Tried the normal remote as I use a Logitech Harmony and again nothing.

30 seconds later it decides to come on and starts off on the android logo where it's losing up. Then kicks in which I'm glad as I didnt want to be sending anything back so soon.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Refurbed can mean anything from a TV that was purchased and returned, so they can't sell it as new to it needed a new panel or board fitted to it.

For an extra £50 -£100* you can extend the warranty to 5 years.

* - Price dependant upon your negotiating skills, day of the week, month of the year and if the CS rep is getting any you know whatyoumacallit off their partner.

John24ssj

So I just received the 75" XH90 just to see this :(
IMG_20210426_092228.jpg

IMG_20210426_092233.jpg

Everything in the box was left loose even the metal stand feet :( Overall super disappointed with how these get boxed up!!!

bydandie

That’s shocking, it’s really puzzling how that can leave the store like that. What store have you got to help?

John24ssj

That’s shocking, it’s really puzzling how that can leave the store like that. What store have you got to help?
It is indeed :(

From what I was told, it's packed and sorted by Sony, the local UK stores that sort out the payment and shipping don't actually pack these.

bydandie

Indeed, but the store has to sort it and some are better than others.

John24ssj

Indeed, but the store has to sort it and some are better than others.
Ahh I see, the one I'm dealing with is Crawley Sony Centre. I'll need to wait till tomorrow until the person who deals with refurbished TV's is in.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
So I just received the 75" XH90 just to see this :(
View attachment 1501086
View attachment 1501087

Everything in the box was left loose even the metal stand feet :( Overall super disappointed with how these get boxed up!!!

It's really poor, my OLED came like that cracked. Had to return it.
Problem is, Sony just don't care as they have insurance but unfortunately we live in a world where we waste money and emission on couriers, waste of packaging and most importantly the TV which I doubt is recyclable anyway. Just a shame to have something like that damaged for another £15 worth of packaging required.

John24ssj

Well after a quick call they apologised and issued a collection after which I will be refunded. I was also told that sadly sometimes Sony sends these in the pain boxes which do not have adequate protection as the people who returned the TV's no longer had the original packaging.
But I think it would Sony and their partner shops the hassle just to use new original packaging.

MOSSY3

Novice Member
Thanks to all the information I received over the past couple of months looking for a TV but... I've just received my 65XH9505 and the corner of the set has a decent scratch. Now I'm willing to keep if the TV works fine (I've not plugged it in yet) but what would you expect from Sony as a gesture for keeping? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210428_121302.jpg
    20210428_121302.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210428_120253.jpg
    20210428_120253.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 98

vickster

Distinguished Member
What grade was it and how do Sony describe that grade in terms of potential level of cosmetic damage?
I’d ask the store which shipped it if it was scratched before sending

MOSSY3

Novice Member
What grade was it and how do Sony describe that grade in terms of potential level of cosmetic damage?
I’d ask the store which shipped it if it was scratched before sending
Hi. It was graded A & I've emailed the store awaiting their response

vickster

Distinguished Member
Hi. It was graded A & I've emailed the store awaiting their response
I’d phone to discuss, not wait for email response.

MOSSY3

Novice Member
I’d phone to discuss, not wait for email response.
They've offered me £100 refund. Has anyone else had anything similar to this? Should I haggle? I'm thinking of asking for a 5 year warranty instead of a refund then I've done well for a xh9505 65 for £899 with 5 year warranty.

bydandie

They've offered me £100 refund. Has anyone else had anything similar to this? Should I haggle? I'm thinking of asking for a 5 year warranty instead of a refund then I've done well for a xh9505 65 for £899 with 5 year warranty.
If it works, then ask for both the refund and the warranty. Worse they can say is no?

smcky75

Standard Member
£899 under warranty for a £1399 TV. If you can live with the scratch (and it works as it should obviously), then it's hard to see why this wouldn't be regarded as a good deal.

jonesy86

Novice Member
Just a heads up for anyone who’s interested and local, Costco in Birmingham has the 65XH9505 for £1139. They had 6 in stock earlier this evening. Not sure if it’s only that specific store that has them but might be worth a call to your local if you’re after one

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom