Bargain Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

johnhoneyman

Went for the OLED AG9 (77") over waiting for the 9505 85".
Will update you all on the delivery and viewing experience.

If satisfied will take out the extended warranty.

smiler

Was hoping to get something yesterday and after the disappointment had subsided rang my local Sony store with all my usual questions.

He ended up offering me a Brand New XD9505 55" for £900, getting delivered today.

Very happy with that although totally unexpected so might be worth a call if you're chasing something.

raz77

Went for the OLED AG9 (77") over waiting for the 9505 85".
Will update you all on the delivery and viewing experience.

If satisfied will take out the extended warranty.
I got my 77 inch last week from them, love it. Had 9 hours use and is a October 2020 panel. I paid £200 for the 5 year guarantee and got the official Sony slim wall bracket. Very happy for a tv that cost me £2249 including 5 year guarantee cost.

Attachments

• F545C335-1553-4A9C-AFFD-3A322EE54874.jpeg
    F545C335-1553-4A9C-AFFD-3A322EE54874.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 399C295E-CF55-4983-8533-3E5602305F76.jpeg
    399C295E-CF55-4983-8533-3E5602305F76.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 67

johnhoneyman

I got my 77 inch last week from them, love it. Had 9 hours use and is a October 2020 panel. I paid £200 for the 5 year guarantee and got the official Sony slim wall bracket. Very happy for a tv that cost me £2249 including 5 year guarantee cost.
Looks the business.. Hoping to get a low hour and post early 2020 panel.
You done good.

How is the picture quality? Any view on using the TV for your AV centre setup?

raz77

Love the Tv, previous Oled c7 65 now in the bedroom. Picture quality allot better on the Sony. Not tried it as a centre speaker. Not sure how I would connect the tv as a centre speaker to my my Marantz receiver.

raz77

Ok just connected it as centre speaker. Will test sound over next few weeks to decide if keeping it or moving back to my BW M1

johnhoneyman

Quick update (Or more non-update)
Ordered last Thursday and received the confirmation email. Haven't had anything since and now a week on. Contacted the Sony store (Wembley) but they never answer.

bydandie

Ordered last Thursday and received the confirmation email. Haven't had anything since and now a week on. Contacted the Sony store (Wembley) but they never answer.
Have you spoken to support on chat? The store might be shut, but either way the stock doesn’t come from there.

bydandie

Have you said that you haven't heard back? I was given Birmingham but they directed me to Wolverhampton as the Brum store was shut. Is there nothing on the status of your order in your account?

SirStocky

They’re probably waiting for stock happened when I ordered an a85 it wasn’t delivery for a couple of weeks

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom