Bargain Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

nictry

Distinguished Member

nsharp4

Standard Member
Just some feedback on my recent purchase from the refurb site. Ordered a 55 9505 for £679. TV arrived like new but as others have found the box had seen better days.

My only issues was it was delivered without the metal effect/premium remote. Called the store listed on the invoice to explain and the new remote arrived from Sony Europe today.
Also, 5 year warranty extension was £65 direct from the store

All in all very happy and again as others have said, you are better dealing with the store rather than centres direct if you have any issues/questions.

M1987

Just some feedback on my recent purchase from the refurb site. Ordered a 55 9505 for £679. TV arrived like new but as others have found the box had seen better days.

My only issues was it was delivered without the metal effect/premium remote. Called the store listed on the invoice to explain and the new remote arrived from Sony Europe today.
Also, 5 year warranty extension was £65 direct from the store

All in all very happy and again as others have said, you are better dealing with the store rather than centres direct if you have any issues/questions.
How did you get the warranty, by ringing them? I'm going to hopefully get the same tv on Thursday

nsharp4

Standard Member
How did you get the warranty, by ringing them? I'm going to hopefully get the same tv on Thursday
On the invoice you receive once ordered from Centres Direct it will show which store the sale has been allocated too. Just ring up the store and they will sort an extended warranty. Either that or if you have a store local to you, contact them before you order and you can have the sale allocated to them and then deal with them for warranty.

bydandie

On the invoice you receive once ordered from Centres Direct it will show which store the sale has been allocated too. Just ring up the store and they will sort an extended warranty. Either that or if you have a store local to you, contact them before you order and you can have the sale allocated to them and then deal with them for warranty.
Once you have the warranty it's with Sony, don't think you have to deal with the store afterwards if you have one that is more local?

Devonshire

Any of the stores can sell you the warranty - it doesn't have to be the one that the TV came from. And you may get it cheaper from another store too.

mole

Ordered mine last Thursday, delivery Co contacted me Friday and offered mon/tues/wed for delivery, I opted for a Monday delivery of course. Watching it now and tinkering much to families delight.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'm not a gamer, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

HDR is hard to avoid now and the XH9005 is a "barely" capable HDR TV. Gaming includes HDR as well as the functions HDMI 2.1 provides.

Unless is this TV is mainly for gaming, I'd rather have good HDR for Netflix, Prime, UHD discs etc than shiny features you've managed without before for gaming.
Either that or save more for an LG OLED or wait for a year to see what comes out in LCD shortly and wait for it to be discounted.

Last edited:

Stein67

Did the XH9505 ever end up working with HDMI 2.1? Talk last year of 9005 software possibly working for it down the line.......then it was said it was hardware and would never happen.

bydandie

Did the XH9505 ever end up working with HDMI 2.1? Talk last year of 9005 software possibly working for it down the line.......then it was said it was hardware and would never happen.
Nope, the X85 and X95 only get eARC. But TBH, I think that's a good compromise - 2.1 has a limited use case beyond gaming for the foreseeable future?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021