• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony CDX-CA710X head unit... vibe sub, alpine 6x9's... need settings help.

M

maidioso

ok... its nothing impressive, but it is what i have... and i am just trying to get the best out of what i can afford...

Vibe 10' subwoofer/amp

ok, it has a crossover knob which can be adjusted... do i understand correct that a crossover is when the sub takes over from the other speakers, and by changing this is tells it when to take over and when not to? ... any suggestions on what i should set this to, it also has a similiar knob for levels... i am not 100% certain on where this should be moved to.

located at rear of car.

Sony CDX-CA710X Head Unit

ok... it has an option to change the frequency and level.. the following appear on the display, which should i choose?

62 Hz <-> 157 Hz <-> 396 Hz <-> 1 kHz <-> 2.5 kHz <-> 6.3 kHz <-> 16 kHz

i can also change the volume level, it is adjustable in 1 dB steps and ranges from -10 dB to +10 dB.

2 x Alpine 6x9's

Nothing i can adjust on here.

located at rear of car also.

Other

if you need any more info, please ask... any info you can provide is appreciated and i hope someone can help me tweak all to make my tunes sound as good as possible.

I usually listen to hip hop, dunno if thats of any info :cool: thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom