Sony Catchup TV (UK) Apps for FW-65BZ35F - Possibly?

dercompsales

Novice Member
Hi,

I've got a Sony FW-65BZ35F 4K Bravia professional display, but unfortunately it doesn't come with any of the usual catchup TV apps such as iPlayer, All4 etc.

Oddly, it does come with Channel 5's app.

Does anyone know where I can find compatible Sony approved apps to install on this screen?

I understand that on normal Sony TV's the YouView app has to be installed in order to access catchup TV, but this display doesn't have a tuner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tonycv51

Hi,

I've got a Sony FW-65BZ35F 4K Bravia professional display, but unfortunately it doesn't come with any of the usual catchup TV apps such as iPlayer, All4 etc.

Oddly, it does come with Channel 5's app.

Does anyone know where I can find compatible Sony approved apps to install on this screen?

I understand that on normal Sony TV's the YouView app has to be installed in order to access catchup TV, but this display doesn't have a tuner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Channel 5 seems to the only "proper" android tv catch up app. There are versions on github of the Sony Select catch up apps but the itv and All 4 ones still require you to accept youview terms and conditions on the TV and am guessing that functionality is missing on your tv. Might we worth trying the bbc one though

You could also look for more generic versions from Google tv or other android boxes on apk stores

dercompsales

Novice Member
Thanks Tony for your reply.

I've searched high and low, with the only app I've managed to get working being the BBC iPlayer app (even the pre-installed Channel 5 player seems a bit buggy).

I think I'll resort to buying a firestick to run catchup apps upon.

Cheers

Tonycv51

Thanks Tony for your reply.

I've searched high and low, with the only app I've managed to get working being the BBC iPlayer app (even the pre-installed Channel 5 player seems a bit buggy).

I think I'll resort to buying a firestick to run catchup apps upon.

Cheers
Probably the best way forward. In case it matters outside of terrestrial catch up apps a roku stick probably has more apps, but is (or were - not sure about the latest models) Wi-Fi only, whereas you can use a usb lan adapter with a firestick

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom