• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony carbocon ss 5050 - mid driver needed

Shamandor

Standard Member
Hello fellow-audiophiles!

Im new to the forum and to homemade audio systems. Just started, but already love it.

I will probably need some help from time to time, so I figured out I'll just make an acc and maybe share some of my experience.

When it comes to my configuration I got :

- a pair of carbocon ss 5050 Sony speakers - got them for £10, my new neighbour found them in the attic when he moved in

- SONY STR-DG700 amp to power it - quite decent, I'm happy with it for now

and it's all connected to my TV, laptop, x-box and vintage style turntable.

The only problem is one of the middle speakers-drivers is not working at all.

I was just wondering, has anyone got one of these and is willing to sell the driver?

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Doomlord_uk

Prominent Member
LOL - this speaker dates from 1974... your chances of finding a spare drive unit are slim indeed. It's not like people sit around on piles of old drive units and speaker parts just in case... You will have to watch out for another pair of 5050s, ideally 'spares or repairs' ones, and salvage a spare driver from them.

A little more info on them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom