Sony Cam's DCR250, 350, 355?

S

Sleipnir

Hi,

I want to buy a camcorder (never had one) and i believe the new sony range which should come out in March might be a good choice.

I thought the new ranges were the TRV-DCR250 and TRV-DCR350 all with digital8.

I checked with my local dealer and he didn't know about
the 250 but he said he has the new 355? The 355 is pretty much what i like except that i don't need still pictures and memory stick.

So i thought the 250 would be what i need but i can't find any information about it.
I just found one review about the 350 which said it is better then the 250 without mentioning why!
Even on the sony HomePage is no mentioning about any of the new systems???

Now i am pretty confused about the masses of camcorders available and the lack of information.

Is TRV-DCR 250 = TRV-DCR 350/355 without the memory stick and stil pictures?

Can anyone tell me about the differences between the TRV-DCR 250 vs 350 vs 355?? and its advantages or disadvantages.

Are there disadvantages with Digital8?

All i want is simple, good quality camcorder with IN/OUT for PC.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Sorry for the long message.
Ulrich

Disadvantages of Digital8? I have read reviews of them and they seem to say that Digital8 cams tend to have lower cost/quality components such as the lense.

If some of the models that you have mentioned have not been released yet, then I would be surprised to see them on the Sony web site.

I would guess that the 350 was DV out only and the 355 was DV in & out. I base this on the fact that my camcorder is the 900 with DV in/out and the other model with dv out only was the 890.

Mark.

My last Sony Digital 8 was brilliant.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom