1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony camcorder help!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by fastpuma, Apr 4, 2005.

1. fastpuma

fastpuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi does anyone know if i will be able to use my sony camcorder when i go to china in the next month or so? well i checked the voltage charts and while we in uk are about 230 volts and in china it is 220 volts, i was wondering if i was able to recharge my battery without doing any damage to the camcorder due to difference in the voltage. I was actually thinking of buying a third party battery charger from a retailer in uk, i have asked them the same questions, and the have been no help whatsoever. If anyone has been to the fareast and used their camcorder charger without any problems will they please be kind enough to let me know, thanks.

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    The orginal charger should be OK. They can usually run anywhere between 110 and 240. Check the silver lable on it. It will say if it's OK or not.

3. krupatel

krupatel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Shouldn't be a problem. I used by IP7 there a few years back with no problems. Just need an international adaptor for the plug.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well I can't see you having any problems either!
    I have charged my camcorder batteries in the USA and they run 110v, and that worked fine. If you look at the charger it will almost certainly be rated for use between 110v & 240v, but better to check first. Even if the charger is not multi voltage compatable the difference between the UKs 240v and 220v in the Far East should make no difference as the voltage is only slightly lower.

Mark.