1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Camcorder DCR-HC22E PAL and PictBridge

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by porto99, Aug 15, 2005.

1. porto99

porto99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This Sony camcorder has a nice photo feature that allows you to take stills (with 7 seconds of sound).

Now it would be nice to use a PictBridge printer to print off these stills.

I have looked at the documentation, but cant find any reference to PictBridge.

Are they anyway I can use a PictBridge printer with this Camcorder to print off the current image on display?

Many thanks,

Porto99

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,111
    I have the same camera - I'd be very surprised if you could do this in a single step.
    The 'still' image is actually recorded to tape and doesn't exist as a JPG image file that you would get from a digital stills camera.
    I imagine that you would need to save the image in some way using the Sony software before you could print it.

3. adasdj

adasdj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm about to buy the sony dcr-hc22 sometime soon, I was wondering if someone could send in a video clip from the hc22 just to see what the quality is like. :lease:

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Hi adasdj and welcome to the forum :hiya:

I would say it would be very unlikely that anybody would send a file of footage recorded from any camcorder due to the massive size. A short 4 minute clip in uncompressed, full quality AVI format would be a massive 1Gb in size :eek:
    I would say you would be better off starting a new thread asking other users of the cam what they think of it, or even doing a search on the forum first as it may well have already been covered.

Mark.