Sony cabinets/stands

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Jedi, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jedi

Jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

After a very long time looking, researching, reading reviews and trying to make up my mind, I have just bought a Sony KV28FX65. I couldn't justify the extra £300 for the FQ75 and also a few of you seem to be having problems with that model.

Basically I like everything about the FX65 except for the cabinet or as someone previously described it, the chicken oven!! I have had a really close look at the KV28DX40 (DVB) which has a much nicer stand and the TV appears to be almost identical. I am 99% convinced that my FX65 will fit the stand from the DX40 perfectly, just wondered if anyone knew for sure or had any advice on how to find out.

Cheers

2. dagger

dagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi m8, I had exactly the same dilemma

FX65 stand is absolutely vile

I bought a spare dx40 stand ,my tv fits perfectly and now the whole set up looks fantastic

go for it if u can get one

3. Jedi

Jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers dagger, much appreciated, I didn't want to buy it then find out it was slightly different.

I've got a mate who works in a hi-fi shop that sells TV's and he reckons he can order me the stand as a spare part, and should cost somewhere between £50 and £100. Quite pricey but in my opinion well worth it, the DX40 stand makes the TV look very smart and expensive, the FX65 stand makes it look cheap and nasty.

If I don't assemble the FX65 stand maybe I can sell it, you never know, somebody may actually like it!!

4. dagger

dagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    £50 - £100 is a bargain m8, and as for selling your fx65 stand, I wouldnt hold your breath...maybe at a blind mans convention !!!! lol:clown: :clown: :clown:

5. Banjaxe

Banjaxe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pity.

I've got an unopened DX40 stand I could do you a deal on - but it's for the 32" version.

I've got the telly on a Stands Unique AV stand so that I can get my B&W centre speaker underneath.

Ronnie

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have a monostem stand which was for my Sony KV36FS70 (price about £400 - very classy metal and glass). If you think it will do the trick drop me an e-mail on [email protected]