• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony C902

P

pjwfc

Hi i bought a c902 off of ebay approx 3 mths ago worked fine to start with, but now wont turn on or charge at all, has anyone got any ideas as to what has gone wrong.
It has'nt been dropped, it has'nt got wet.
Cheers Paul

EnigmaCode

sony ericssons are notoriously unreliable in their hardware and their software. it may be a case of software corruption (this is extremely common in SEs). if that is the case, reflashing it may rectify the problem.
if not, it is a hardware problem, and you are best off sending it off for repair if under guarantee.

aphex232

Hi i bought a c902 off of ebay approx 3 mths ago worked fine to start with, but now wont turn on or charge at all, has anyone got any ideas as to what has gone wrong.
It has'nt been dropped, it has'nt got wet.
Cheers Paul

exactly the same has happened with mine, have you got yours sorted yet, i dunno what to do with mine as it is not under guarantee :(

Razor

Distinguished Member
I love Sony Ericsson phones but I sent back my C902 after 3 weeks. It was an awful buggy phone which kept on locking up, crashing, dropping bluetooth connections, dull screen etc... Google about and you will see how many unhappy users there are out there.

aphex232

2 year warranty on Sony Ericssons, the C905 hasn't even been out that long has it?

do you have a source to back that up from so i can use it? And this is with SE Directly?

RobM

Distinguished Member
do you have a source to back that up from so i can use it? And this is with SE Directly?

EU law states that any electrical items sold in the EU must have at least a two year warranty. Unfortunately some retailers prefer to keep that from you, while others promote the fact, but that is the law.

syko67

I kinda feel for those with bad c902s... Apart from voda branding mines been a ruddy good phone,got a little nervous the other week after a sim update and it started freezing up but turned out my sim was old and a new has it running sweet as a nut again... I'll be surrendering my k750 in a few months after upgrade and keeping c902 as my new trusty backup :)

aphex232

EU law states that any electrical items sold in the EU must have at least a two year warranty. Unfortunately some retailers prefer to keep that from you, while others promote the fact, but that is the law.

So to make a claim on this 2 year warranty, who do i go back to, the O2 shop i bought it from?

aphex232

There is a very good chance that the firmware on your phone is corrupted.
You can try flashing it.
There is A2 uploader to do this job.

and how does that work if the phone doesnt actually turn on?

RobM

Distinguished Member
So to make a claim on this 2 year warranty, who do i go back to, the O2 shop i bought it from?

You'll need to go back to the shop you purchased it from.

The phone boots in Flash mode for the flashing process.
It does not need to be turned on during the flashing.

Your choice of words are a little confusing there....

It does need to be turned on. You cannot flash a phone that isn't powered on.

But it doesn't need to have the OS loaded and running... it will, as you say, go into a flash mode to complete the process.

Install SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and follow the prompts. It's free to download from the SE website.

aphex232

thanks for your help guys the udat suprisingly has seemed to work :)

inkinoo

Distinguished Member
To add to the another point of view, my C902 has been great and probably the best phone I've ever owned. So much so that I haven't renewed my Orange contract as I have no idea what to go for next.

TAPEDECK

Standard Member
I have one of these.not at all bad.camera could be a little better for 5mp.i have an 8 gig card with all my tunes on it,i want to get a blue tooth receiver for my sony home cinema so i can play my tunes through it.

Where can i find a review on here for that sort of thing?has anyone heard the quality of the streaming?

Really really dont want an ipod when this piece of kit should suffice,atleast,being a sony =-)

ta

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom