Sony Bravia XR X95J Hulu Quality

rfeulnerjr

Novice Member
I've looked around in here to see if I can find something on this before I posted and haven't seen what I'm looking for so I'm hoping someone has dealt with this and can explain it to me.

I'm using the native Hulu app that's built into the TV itself on the 75" Sony Bravia XR X95J. I have 1 Gbps internet and have the TV hardwired into my router.

When I first set the TV up I was really disappointed in the quality when I was watching a football game. Gameplay is laggy when the players are running or moving quickly and when the ball is thrown the motion quality is awful. I did some research and it seems like Hulu supposedly only streams at best in 720p? I usually keep the TV in the Vivid picture setting and I've tried messing with the motion settings in the picture menu but feel like I'm only making it worse.

I really don't want to go back to cable or satellite service if I can help it. The TV looks amazing via my Playstation 5 but even the Hulu app through the Playstation 5 looks the same as the native app.

Is this something others have experienced and is it a setting issue or am I going to have to go back to a cable or satellite service to really get the best picture and motion quality for sports on this TV?

I really appreciate any help or advice on this!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom