Sony Bravia & Video's

Arniep

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Sony Bravia XBR-55X800B that was purchased in 2015. My problem is with downloaded videos. I don't know which videos will play on my set. Sometimes they play fine and other times the TV goes black.:( I download a video off of the internet and put it on a flash drive, it plays fine on my computer but not on TV. Does someone know what video's I can download with the proper format (avi mp etc) that will play on my TV.
I guess what I am trying to say is what are my compatible video file formats.?
Thank you for any help that I receive.
Arnie:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This lists what your tv supports.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/xbr-55x800b/specifications

In addition, you may have issues with sound formats as dolby digital plus is not generally supported playing back from video files.

I use an external box connected to TV and to network to stream files from my nas to get round that.
Thank you very much for your input. I am curious about your setup that you described. Could you go into a little more depth of your set up. I also sometimes have issues with the audio sometimes. I have been putting my videos on a flash drive and trying to go that way, but lately I have been having a lot of problems.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your input. I am curious about your setup that you described. Could you go into a little more depth of your set up. I also sometimes have issues with the audio sometimes. I have been putting my videos on a flash drive and trying to go that way, but lately I have been having a lot of problems.
Hi I use an old WD TV live box connected to my Soundbar via hdmi the network and NAS where I store my ripped bluray films or tv shows. They will play anything you throw at them, even ISO files and will pass though all sound formats.

Its connected to SB as tv had issues whith some sound content, thats a sony bravia thing.
I think may have been DD+. Though to be honest have not tested on my new tv as I have 2 of these boxes

There are probably other newer boxes you can buy, but the only place you will find the WD is on ebay now. WD never did release an updated box, which is a pity.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom