Sony bravia vertical lines

marty1

Hi All,

I just bought a second hand Sony bravia Kd 75xd9405 and the picture looks amazing but I noticed on grey colour screens there is very faint, fairly wide vertical bars, going across the whole screen, they are only visible on blank colour screens, like Amazon prime homepage. Is this normal on LED/LCD screens or have I been sold a defective tv?

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you
Marty

marty1

Okay so reading more into it I'm guessing it's vertical banding. It wasn't too bad on streaming services but I bought a 4k bluray player and lord of the rings box set in 4k hoping it will be better and it's even worse. Almost the whole beggining sequence whenever the camera shots pan I can see on the solid vertical bars of different shades ☹ very noticeable on grey backgrounds, not quite so bad on bright colourful shots.

Please tell me there is a way of getting rid of this? Maybe through the settings....

I hope for good news 🤞🏻

Thanks in advance

Marty

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Okay so reading more into it I'm guessing it's vertical banding. It wasn't too bad on streaming services but I bought a 4k bluray player and lord of the rings box set in 4k hoping it will be better and it's even worse. Almost the whole beggining sequence whenever the camera shots pan I can see on the solid vertical bars of different shades ☹ very noticeable on grey backgrounds, not quite so bad on bright colourful shots.

Please tell me there is a way of getting rid of this? Maybe through the settings....

I hope for good news 🤞🏻

Thanks in advance

Marty

I think it's unlikely you can remove this . But maybe/hopefully it is linked to a faulty cable so check that.

marty1

Unfortunately it's not the cable, it's consistently there on the built in apps already on tv so no cables involved ☹

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom