Sony bravia tv DKL - 40EX723

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by caz 1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. caz 1

caz 1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone help me.

I have a Sony Bravia t.v. model number KDL - 40EX723. Serial number is 3630861.
    I watch u tube every day, but recently it has been cutting me off, it says the application is too large, even if it is a clip of only 2 minutes, it has been getting worse and worse, i watch it through Sony Blu ray disc player, the model of this is BDP - S5500, my other box did the same thing sometimes, then it corrected itself, but at the moment it is particulary bad, to the point i have had to give up watching it, i love watching u tube, and wondered if anyone could help, i remember someone telling me that it could be u tubes problem, or a sony problem, but they did not know which, someone please help.

Caz 1

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Hard to say for sure, sounds like a storage or memory issue, perhaps the software of the TV was not built for that kind of usage (which wouldn't be surprising) on top of which is that it's quite old at this point hailing from 2011 & has been long since abandoned support wise by Sony & Google. You could try resetting the TV to factory defaults of see if any app storage on the TV can be cleared.

I would suggest a better path, buy a Roku streaming stick, use that with the TV and you will have a modern up to date version of Youtube with an easy to use interface.

3. caz 1

caz 1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your reply, for the past 24 hours touch wood, the problem seems to have righted itself, no idea on that one, anyway if it goes again, i will bear in mind your answer, thank you so much. Caz 1.