Sony Bravia Rear Projection Screen Line?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by biffo19, Sep 3, 2012.

1. biffo19

biffo19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just curious to know if anyone here can help me. I have a sony bravia 50inch rear projection lcd tv and it has developed a line just down from the top of the screen the whole way across and I was wondering if it is the bulb that needs replacing or is the screen just shagged! I have attached a pic to see if it can help. Cheers guys!

Attached Files:

2. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Thread moved

Curly

3. AndyCob

AndyCob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Very hard to tell if I had to guess one of the liquid crystal filters? (the bit the light goes through with the liquid crystal in it, should be 3 one for each colour channel) can't remember the name is not working proprly but that sometimes be fixed by a dismatle and a god cleaning it doesn't take much dust and dirt to mess with electronics that small if the contact/connections are not perfect.

But I am guessing.

4. biffo19

biffo19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks AndyCob. I'm a bit wary about going at anything like that myself so I might bring it in to an expert! Hope it wont be too expensive otherwise the tv will be going to the tv graveyard!! Anyone else agree with AndyCob?

5. biffo19

biffo19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you AndyCob or anyone else tell me how to clean the area where the crystal filters are? I have taken out the bulb and cleaned that area but after that Im not sure where to go. I rang a few repair shops and they told me it would cost more to have a look at it than to buy a new one so I didn't get much information from them!!