• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Sony Bravia PS3 connectivity issue

S

stuart_munro

Hello

I own a Sony Bravia KDL-32U30 HD-Ready TV. I tried to connect a PS3 to it, firstly through HDMI (both sockets). This was unsuccessful, despite going into TV settings and HDMI setup to try and find the PS3.

I couldnt then connect it through either Scart or S-Video.

I know the PS3 works because it has been used on other TV's (both HD and normal).

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there something I need to do that I may not have?

Any help at all would be much appreciated. To say this is confusing me is an understatement.

Thanks

Boon72

only a guess but have u changed the resolution before u move to the new tv?

V

vimtohead

hey there.

Try powering the PS3 off with the flip switch at the back. Then power it on with the same switch WHILST SIMULTANEOUSLY holding down the touch sensitive power symbol on the front of the console. Keep your finger on the touch sensitive switch until you get a picture.

I have to do this when moving it between tv sets with hdmi and non-hdmi connections.

Hope this helps

S

stuart_munro

As pertains to changing the resolution, yes I have tried that, but thankyou anyway.

Haven't tried the simultaneous power button idea though. It's certainly worth trying. Thanks very much for that.

Now I just need to convince my friend to lend me his PS3 again, which may not be for a few days. I'll post back if it works.

Thanks again to you both.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
As pertains to changing the resolution, yes I have tried that, but thankyou anyway.

Haven't tried the simultaneous power button idea though. It's certainly worth trying. Thanks very much for that.

Now I just need to convince my friend to lend me his PS3 again, which may not be for a few days. I'll post back if it works.

Thanks again to you both.

You don't need to power off at the back, just hold the power button down until you hear the beeps then let go, the ps3 should reboot and the setup screen for HDMI connections should appear.

Mark.

S

stuart_munro

You don't need to power off at the back, just hold the power button down until you hear the beeps then let go, the ps3 should reboot and the setup screen for HDMI connections should appear.

Mark.

Yeah we tried doing that and it kept giving off 3 beeps and not actually doing anything, which was fairly bizarre. I'll more thank likely give it another go though. 'm willing to try pretty much anything. Lol.

Thanks a lot.

Tender

Standard Member
Hold down the power button for 10 seconds, this reboots the PS3 and it'll come up saying it's detected a HDMI input.

S

stuart_munro

Thanks to everyone who replied to my plea for help, all sorted now.

It was quite simply holding the power button down to reset, as stated. Swear I did that the first time, but oh well. Obviously I'd done/not done something.

All's well that ends well though. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom