Sony Bravia LCD KLVS32A10 or something different

R

RedmanJB

Hi,

I am currently looking to buy a 32 inch LCD tv. I want a HDTV and to be able to play Xbox 360 on it. I don't want to pay an exceeding amount, so the KLVS32A10 has looked a good buy. I do not know however if it is a great TV.

Basically I just want a reliable tv, with good quality picture and no problems on HDTV, DVDs or Xbox 360 especially. I also watch a lot of sport hence the new tv.

Is this tv the correct one for me or could you suggest a different one?

And what would be the main advantages of the newer model? I'm not overly concerned about real technical things. I just want a good LCD tv.

Thanks for your previous reply.

As you're not concerned about technical things I'll miss them out, that leaves us with the main advantage of the new model being that it provides a far better picture and probably costs very little more than the old one.

I have the 26" S2010 and am very happy with it as a TV and with my PC and XBox 360, the 32" version has a better panel then the 26 so will give better results.
To give an indication of how "good" it is there re a few pics below.

TV from digital tuner

78538545-L.jpg

DVD Playback

80477057-L.jpg

HD from PC

78538552-L.jpg

XBox 360

78538555-L.jpg

Thanks for your help.

I went to a showroom today and was very impressed with the Phillips. It looked a great picture and overall a good LCD tv at 32'. Is it recommended?

They had a Sony Bravia 40', however it was and old model and had no HDMI input. What exactly is the downside to this?

I do not believe the 2010 is available in Australia. How much of an improvement is the V series A10 over the S series?

RedmanJB said:
I do not believe the 2010 is available in Australia. How much of an improvement is the V series A10 over the S series?

The old V series (V32A10) were much better than the old S series (S32A10) but still it is common belief that both are worse than the newer S2010.
Perhaps you should postpone your buy and wait for the new sets to arrive (soon i hope).
Which Philips model did you saw BTW?

I was told today that the new models would arrive late November which is a shame.

Yannis said:
The old V series (V32A10) were much better than the old S series (S32A10) but still it is common belief that both are worse than the newer S2010.
I always thought they were worse.

In Europe, the old BRAVIAs had no S-PVA Panels. Am I not right in saying that the new S-Series 32" and bigger sizes have S-PVA panels?

That means they'll have better motion, black levels and viewing angle.

Lyris said:
I always thought they were worse.

In Europe, the old BRAVIAs had no S-PVA Panels. Am I not right in saying that the new S-Series 32" and bigger sizes have S-PVA panels?

That means they'll have better motion, black levels and viewing angle.

That would be right. The old V series had a S-PVA and i believe WCG backlight panel only in the US, not Europe... Not sure why to be honest. We had to wait till the V2000's to get the improved specs. Now the European S-series has a SPVA panel but no WCG backlight, while the Euro V2000 has both. So in theory, the new Euro S-series is better than the old Euro V-series, and the new V-series is better than all of them, and better than probably most other LCDs out at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom