• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sony bravia kdl40v4000 picture quality

tucker2904

Standard Member
hi all,
new to all this so bare with me :lease:
bought 2 of these sets at what i would say was a excellent price £584 each,
however ive been totally dissapionted with the picture qualtiy from sky+ box, freeview from which i am using good quality scart cable,
picture graining and sort of trailing shadows from action sences, help on this would be very welcome as we all would like to think all things sony = total quality..lol
one other thing under the features options in the menu i cant select video/photo option as it seems to be disabled...I am also lead to believe that under picture mode the video/photo option should also be available which its not. (only vivd,standard and cinema) feel like afool asking what may be simple questions but any help in this would be very welcome......

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
Sky+

Picture Format: 16:9
Second Location Picture Format: 16:9
SCART Control: On
Video Output: On
Contrast: Medium

Sony V4000:

Picture mode: Standard
Backlight :4/5
Contrast: 80-85
Brightness: 50
Colour: 45-50
Colour Temp: Warm 1/2
Sharpness: Min/1
Noise Reduction: Off
MPeg NR: Off
Adv. Settings - Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Off
Adv. Settings - Live Colour: Off

alsina

Prominent Member
hi all,
new to all this so bare with me :lease:
bought 2 of these sets at what i would say was a excellent price £584 each,
however ive been totally dissapionted with the picture qualtiy from sky+ box, freeview from which i am using good quality scart cable,
picture graining and sort of trailing shadows from action sences, help on this would be very welcome as we all would like to think all things sony = total quality..lol
one other thing under the features options in the menu i cant select video/photo option as it seems to be disabled...I am also lead to believe that under picture mode the video/photo option should also be available which its not. (only vivd,standard and cinema) feel like afool asking what may be simple questions but any help in this would be very welcome......

This is only available with a 1080i/p source via HDMI or component connections.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom