• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony Bravia KDL40V2000 faulty HDMI input

rbates51

Standard Member
Hi

My Sony KDL40V2000 has a fault which I've put up with for a while now, but is getting worse so I want to get it looked at.

When watching the input over HDMI (only one socket on this model), the picture and/or sound will occasionally be corrupted. Sometimes, half the screen is full of random colours, sometimes the whole screen will flash like flash and go black for a second. This is normally accompanied by the audio dropping out.

This has got more frequent and now it makes watching TV a pretty frustrating experience. I've tried a different cable, connected to a different box (i.e. a PS3) with the same result.

I phoned a local repairer, who said he'd not encountered anything like that before and it may need the main board replacing. He's going to take a look at it next week.

I wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar problem, and even if not, is it certain that such a fault might need such a drastic solution or is there a daughterboard for handling inputs?

Thanks in advance for any advice

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom