Sony Bravia KDL32EX403U Turning off and on

D

dprice8893

Hi,
If this has been covered before I apologise.

Almost exactly a year after purchase, my Sony Bravia LCD TV started turning itself off and then back on within 20 secs or so. This was happening in 5-10 minute cycles. There was a temporary restore after I turned the power off and then back on (I usually leave the set in stand by mode). This only lasted until I turned the set off and then back on again, so still the same problem.

I checked all the usual menus for timer, eco and system update settings etc. although, I hadn't altered anything prior to the fault developing. The only significant event having taken place was our local TV transmitter switching off the analogue signal a few days before and me retuning the digital stations???

After calling the retailer (Comet) who reminded me the TV's warranty had expired the day before, they agreed to send an engineer out free of charge and assess the situation. Overall they were quite sympathetic and helpful so no complaints there.

As a last resort and not wishing the engineer to turn up and take the TV away. I downloaded the latest firmware update from the Sony web site, put the file on a USB stick and loaded it into the TV.

Happy ending perfect TV and the update process didn't even upset my settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom