Question Sony Bravia KDL-48W705C 6 blinking lights (fixed?)

MMaRsu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi AVforum experts :)

I am an owner of a Sony Bravia KDL48W -705c model. When I came home tonight and switched on my pc and tv, I had an issue where it would turn itself off after 30 seconds, and show me 6 or 7 red blinking lights. Now I've had this issue once before but I didnt notice it because when my tv turned itself off I just turned it back on again without any issues.

But sadly nothing I did could recover the tv back to normal operation. Then I googled the issue, and tried performing a factory reset. This didnt work because when it said reset in the left corner of the screen, it still turned off again showing the red blinking lights.

I was feeling very emotional because fml I thought I have to stay at home with nothing to play or watch (my only screen). After an hour I decided to try the factory reset again, but this time hammering on the physical buttons on the back of the tv like volume up/down etc. And wow finally it showed the : You have reset your tv screen!

I promptly turned down backlight lightning on all settings and put my eco settings power saving mode to low. I read that thats good if you want the tv to last.

Its been running for half an hour now, and hasnt turned itself off yet. Did I fix the issue or is this a temporary fix?

Should I change my backlight settings to minimum? Or can I try to put it on 2/3 at least.. Im scared the TV will die on me :(. I love this TV and I can't afford a new one, I've only had this for about 4/5 years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom