Sony Bravia KDL-46EX400...picture goes out with horrible screeching sound..then restarts?

kellmike626

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently got this TV from a friend for free....of course, there's a catch.

I consider myself tech savvy but I am completely new to the world of fixing televisions.

Anyways, I have a Sony Bravia 46" LCD, its model is KDL-46EX400... in the video I posted, the TV turns on and works flawlessly for a bit (probably 5 minutes overall without struggle), and then suddenly the TV screen goes blank (the backlight stays lit) and the speakers emit a horrible loud pitch screech thats almost unbearable and startling to say the least.. Usually lasts for about 2-5 seconds, then TV restarts itself, then it goes back to the normal screen as if nothing happened. Cycle repeats itself too.

I took the back panel off and honestly I saw nothing out of the ordinary except maybe a bit of dust. My dad thinks it's the power supply board overheating, but I think it could be the main board (A Board) where all the video inputs are, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: The S-Video ports on the side work fine, but i tried all 4 HDMI ports and got no signal..

The power supply board part number is 1-881-519-11.
The A Board (main board) part number is 1-693-791-11.

If anyone could help me go in the right direction that would be most appreciated! I just want to find out whats wrong so i can use this TV :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom