Sony Bravia KDL-40NX503 problems with network, DLNA

HacKage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought a Bravia KDL-40NX503 today and one of the big selling points for me was the DLNA function. I have got it all installed and connected through ethernet which is providing me with perfect internet access, allowing me to watch YouTube etc.

I use an iMac, and was wanting to be able to stream my pics and movies from here, to the Bravia through DLNA or a media server program. I have installed Serviio which I read would do the job, but for some reason it will not show on my XMB on the Bravia. I have tried searching for servers in the settings, but it just will not show at all.

I don't yet have the latest firmware version installed due to it not accepting it through USB for some bizarre reason, but would this be the cause for it to not find my iMac at all?

Any help would be much appreciated.

You could Yazsofts Playback and see if that works though keep in mind it does not support transcoding so your at the mercy of the very limited formats the Sony TV supports.

Also PS3 Media Server beta version is worth a go as it has a transcoder and is free but may not work with the TV or at least not without some work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom