Sony Bravia KDL-40HX803, unresponsive USB port

Tony Norton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all you experts,

For some unexplained reason our TV will no longer display photos stored on a USB stick.

I have gone through all the settings to ensure that the USB should be automatically recognized, tried it on both 'Thumbnail' and 'Slideshow' with a total lack of response.

The fact that I can't show our photos is a bit of a pain, but not as serious as the fact that the firmware for this model was updated late last year and the TV won't read the file, downloaded to a different USB stick, to update the firmware.

I have tried using different formats on the sticks, e.g. FAT and FAT32, and am using sticks of only 1GB capacity, all with no success, so I'm currently stuck with a non-working USB socket and old firmware.

To deal with the firmware update, is it possible to do this via the Ethernet port? I have enough cable to be able to connect the TV direct to one of the 'hard' output ports on my Virgin Superhub.

Am I missing something in the setup that may be blindingly obvious to an expert? I downloaded the full manual, as the "Operating Instructions" do little more than tell you one how to switch it on and off, and have also trawled the "i-manual" on the set, and reckon I have done everything by the book with unsatisfactory results.

Please help, if you can.

Best Regards

Tony Norton

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom