Sony Bravia KDL-32V2000

Vonzack

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Sony KDL-32V2000 which is going to be connected to media centre via VGA. Does anybody know the max res. you can drive the panel at through the VGA connector (manual says 1360x768 @ 60Hz, but the panel is 1366x768)?

Thanks in advance.

1360x768 but you don't notice the missing 6 pixels. On a PC media centre with Nvidia 6600 in I can set custom resolutions but 1366x768 is not an allowed size. 1:1 pixel mapping is at 1360x768.

Vonzack said:
I'm thinking of getting a Sony KDL-32V2000 which is going to be connected to media centre via VGA. Does anybody know the max res. you can drive the panel at through the VGA connector (manual says 1360x768 @ 60Hz, but the panel is 1366x768)?
I have this TV and drive it at 1360x768. I get 1:1 mapping and the 3 pixels per side you loose are very hard to notice.

Be careful though as the standard ECIC (? is this right? I mean the auto-detection stuff anyway) needs to be turned off to actually get this else the TV actually scales the picture gives you overscan and not 1:1 pixel mapping.

PQ is fantastic via VGA at 1360x768

sorry for the very dim question but... i can't find how i can make my lap top talk to the TV (show pics etc) could some nice person point me towards any tips or helpful advice. I have a newish Acer laptop with a 40 v2000 sony trying to connect via vga. many thanks in advance.

wilddog said:
sorry for the very dim question but... i can't find how i can make my lap top talk to the TV (show pics etc) could some nice person point me towards any tips or helpful advice. I have a newish Acer laptop with a 40 v2000 sony trying to connect via vga. many thanks in advance.

Does your Laptop have a VGA port? It should, all laptops do. You just need to get a VGA Cable (like the ones you use for normal PC monitors) and plug the laptop to the TV. Then you will have to set your laptop up for the second screen (you can do so from the Display Properties menu).

You might need a program called Powerstrip you can download for free to be able to set up the custom resolution (1360x768), but sometimes it's all automatic.

jameson_uk said:
I have this TV and drive it at 1360x768. I get 1:1 mapping and the 3 pixels per side you loose are very hard to notice.

Be careful though as the standard ECIC (? is this right? I mean the auto-detection stuff anyway) needs to be turned off to actually get this else the TV actually scales the picture gives you overscan and not 1:1 pixel mapping.

PQ is fantastic via VGA at 1360x768

I belive EDID is the right acronym

Chris Muriel, Manchester

DanDT said:
Does your Laptop have a VGA port? It should, all laptops do. You just need to get a VGA Cable (like the ones you use for normal PC monitors) and plug the laptop to the TV. Then you will have to set your laptop up for the second screen (you can do so from the Display Properties menu).

You might need a program called Powerstrip you can download for free to be able to set up the custom resolution (1360x768), but sometimes it's all automatic.

thanks Dan, that's great. I have the cable and could not think which settings i would need to set. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom