Sony BRAVIA FW-32BZ30J - anyone had any experience?

sfitzp4573

Standard Member
Hello. Has anyone had any experience of Sony BRAVIA FW-32BZ30J ? (such as seen at Sony BRAVIA FW-32BZ30J ). It's purely a display monitor, so there is no TV tuner. That is not a problem for me as I have other external kit (e.g. android tv box and Google Chromecast devices etc) that will provide the input. My viewing habits are TV input from the android tv box, films that I have stored on my PC and are accessed via the android tv box, plus Youtube stuff streamed to the Chromecast connected to the TV). Not really interested in gaming. The audio component would be connected via optical output cable to be input to an amplifier (Cambridge Audio CXA80) and fed into loudspeakers (refurbed Castle Harlech).

Apologies for the long-winded intro, but, my real question is - is the above Sony kit capable of being used like a normal standard TV? I''m currently using an old Samsung UE32D6530 (bought in 2012) and want to upgrade to a more modern 32-inch, but don't want to use a standard smart TV. I want a dumb display that I can connect to smart external kit, but don't want to sacrifice image quality. I'm thinking that smart tvs are not really smart, and I don't want adverts built into the TV etc etc. My intended new kit needs to be 32-inch, not smaller and not larger.

Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom