Sony Bravia but which one? Help please!

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by kie120, Dec 30, 2006.

1. kie120

kie120

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am returning my Sharp Aquos (32GD9E) as it suffers from some blurring and lacks the component connection I need for my Xbox 360.

I've decided to opt for a Bravia (although would welcome any other thoughts) but I'm confused as to which model to go for. So far it's between -

KDL 32U2000 - mid 600's

KDLS 32A12 (I've seen others listing an extra 'u' at the end of this product code - does this mean anything?) - about £850 from Costco

KDL-32S2010 - £865

KDL V2000 - saw this in Empire Direct for about 950.

As I understand it, the S and V series are newer 'better' panels with the V being the latest. Is it really worth stumping out the extra money for an S or perhaps even a V over the U?

Also, I've seem some favourable comments made about the Toshiba WLT 66 - it seems like a bargin but how do you think it holds up against a Bravia?

Lots of questions but this really does get confusing! help :lease: !!

Many thanks,

Kie

2. kie120

kie120

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump - 50 viewings and no thoughts - could really do with some advice please!!

does anyone have any of the bravias listed?

cheers

3. roper999

roper999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya mate,

I too are researching the Bravias but are looking at the 40 or 46 inch X series so havent looked at the smaller versions.

If I was you, with respect to Bravia's I would go with the most expensive one you can afford. I know people would disagree but seems as tho they are the same brand name (Sony) I am sure that the more expensive they get they better they are.

Try looking at this page http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProductCategory.action?site=odw_en_GB&category=TV+Projector

If you look for the type of TV's you are looking at, for example LCD's and click compare products. Tick the ones you want to compare and it gives you them side by side with all the specs so you can compare.

Hope this helps.

My personal opinion is though, the more expensive, the better (obviousley this is not the case if you are comparing different brands, just particulaly in connection with the Bravia range)

4. Basset

Basset

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The sharp lacks a component input?????

A vga to component is supplied with the unit.

Strange that you see blurring, I hear that the unit is actually pretty good with motion.

5. kie120

kie120

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    re the vga component - now I'm even more confused!

Excuse the laymans description here but the model I have doesn't have the 5 inputs (thought this was called component) required to run an xbox 360. I bought a vga cable but I have no where to plug in the red and white audio cables - also when running through the vga the TV wont except a higher resolution than 640 meaning huge black borders.

Am I missing something here? sorry im a noob when it comes to lcds and the technical jargon.

also, the mtoion blurring only happens on SD, the upscaled image through my pioneer dvd player is brilliant.

Thanks,

K

6. kie120

kie120

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might not be the most technical advice mate but there's logic to what you're saying - much appreciated, I'd not really thought of it in those terms.

I'm hoping that Basset might be able to save me the hassle of having to return the thing!

K

7. Monk888

Monk888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    KDLV2000 is excellent and the one to go for.

just add an ISOTEK Premium (£55) mains cable to ensure really deeps blacks and amazing contrast. Even Freeview looks fantastic.

Unlike other makes the Sony 40" looks just at good as the 32". But I think the Sony 32" looks big, maybe because of the detailed picture, blur free motion image and amazing contrast.

The Sony may cost more, but it's worth it (A ford Mondeo will never match a BMW no matter how much others try and convince, quality engineering does cost)

8. kie120

kie120

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right, it turns out that there is a component cable with the TV, my missus had put it 'somewhere safe'. Ok, so my next question would be where to put the audio cables for the xbox as this vga component cable only has input for RGB cables...

on the extension for the vga input there is an input (might be an optical one??) which has r/l underneath it - does this mean I need more cables?

K