Sony Bravia - advice for pausing and recording live TV

joe54

Novice Member
I've just set up a new Sony Bravia OLED TV, which we love - but I've recently learned that I can't pause or record live TV delivered through YouView.

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to offer advice on the best way or alternative to achieve this. I've wondered about buying a Freeview Recorder and connecting that up, but this would involve another remote and would take me away from using the Android TV interface for everything.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas from their own experience, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You're always better off using a separate PVR to record.
TV's are limited when it comes to recording features.
I think if the TV has Freeview Play built in (where you can go back 1 week in the TV guide) it disables some of the recording features.

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
I've just set up a new Sony Bravia OLED TV, which we love - but I've recently learned that I can't pause or record live TV delivered through YouView.

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to offer advice on the best way or alternative to achieve this. I've wondered about buying a Freeview Recorder and connecting that up, but this would involve another remote and would take me away from using the Android TV interface for everything.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas from their own experience, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you in advance.
You can disable Youview. This will leave you with the 'normal' native Freeview guide. This will allow you to connect a USB HDD and record to the TV. If there is something you want to pause that you're watching live, your best best is to turn on the record function and then you pause the 'recording' that you are watching live'.

Personally I just a Manhattan T3-R 1TB 4K Feeview Play PVR.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom