Sony Bravia advert

OnTheFly

Does anyone know the song title and artist used on the Sony Bravia advert?

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
And I saw Jose Gonzalez live at a festival last year, before he was uber famous and stuff :) I have pictures to prove it too, oh yes.

Strangely, he's Sweedish even though he sounds Mexican or Spanish.

Check back later for even more uninteresting rubbish :laugh:

Bat-man

And can anyone name the streets in S.F. in the advert? :);)

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I've got that Jose Gonzalez album and apart from that one track I found it very boring .

Thaty song features druing the show "Beauty and the Geek", I like it, spent ages trying to find the name of it, you can buy it off Napster, I did..

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Bat-man said:
And can anyone name the streets in S.F. in the advert? :);)

Filbert Street and Leavenworth Street ;) :D

Bat-man

pRot3us said:
Filbert Street and Leavenworth Street ;) :D
Are you sure, totally sure?

mrtbag

Just found this pic. Apparently google earth were doing an update while it was being filmed.:rotfl: Honest!!

Attachments

• Googleearth1.jpg
    Googleearth1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 62

hot-fuzz

Banned
Funny this.

Me and the missus were talking about ths advert.

We reckon its a setup. We reckon its all CG effects and even the "Making Of" is a setup. In that GoogleEarth shot, arent the balls in that shot absolutely HUGE, must be siz of beach balls from the height the shot is aken from. i would have thought the shot would just be a mess of colour.

Either way, its making us talk about it.
Shame they arent getting brilliant reviews.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Its definitely been mucked around with . Closeup balls are either cg or actual filmed effects elements that have been composited . Its very obvious.

Reminds me of the honda "cog" adverts, again makers claimed it was shot for real ....not bothering to mention the several weeks of inferno work carried out on it by The Mill.

Mr Cat

Banned
I'm sure that I heard that the ad used 250k real balls...! I will do a search on google now...

Mr Cat

Banned
found this link - http://www.bravia-advert.com/

and they quote -
"Sending 250,000 multi-coloured 'superballs' bouncing down the streets of San Francisco may seem the strangest way to do this, but that's exactly what Danish director Nicolai Fuglsig did for the BRAVIA commercial in July this year. San Franciscans have seen some unusual things in their time, but even this gave them something to talk about. And we've got the feeling that this commercial is going to do exactly the same thing"

but it's not exactly an independent opinion tho...

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I'm sure it did but what they shot has subsequently been mucked around with and augmented to make it work.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom