For Sale Sony Bravia 4K KD 65A1 OLED TV and Sony HT-ST5000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar with separate Sub-Woofer….. preferably as a combination package.

XL5

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I dont have access to a van either. So was planning on laying it on its back in original packaging and driving very slow
Lay it on pillows...it always works for me 😉

BoeingMan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion, XL5! For Mr Nivleks information, the screen measures 145Cm x 83Cm (aka 57" x 32.5") Whether this would stand upright in the back footwell depends very much I guess, on the width of the vehicle and whether the footwell has a "transmission tunnel" or any other "obstruction" in the middle. But so far Mr Nivlek hasn't yet said whether he wishes to purchase this from me! I am hoping that he can find a way of transporting this TV to his home.

BW.. IP

P.S. Just had a shuftie on the net for moving a large screen. Lots of opinions for sure, not all identical, but one that sounded a good method was a thin(-ish) mattress in the back of an SUV or similar. But blankets and (maybe) pillows are fine with just the proviso that the screen ends up being flat.. Most opinions seem to advise being face down. This beast doesnt have a flat back, because there is the Flat sub-woofer on the back, which is a part of the A frame upright support. It just needs a bit of research and thinking about the best way for ones vehicle and how far it has to go. IP

Last edited:

Nivlek92

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion, XL5! For Mr Nivleks information, the screen measures 145Cm x 83Cm (aka 57" x 32.5") Whether this would stand upright in the back footwell depends very much I guess, on the width of the vehicle and whether the footwell has a "transmission tunnel" or any other "obstruction" in the middle. But so far Mr Nivlek hasn't yet said whether he wishes to purchase this from me! I am hoping that he can find a way of transporting this TV to his home.

BW.. IP
Thanks for information but the dimensions are not gonna work out standing up, GLWS.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
i bought this tv, as a 55 with no box, but completely identical principle, you wanna lay 3 sets of duvets in a massive estate or van, and the back will comfortably dip into the duvet, leave it screen up

Last edited:

BoeingMan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for information but the dimensions are not gonna work out standing up, GLWS.
Did you see and note the suggestions from "Chox1988" about using duvets for flat transport protection? Just want to know whether you are likely to purchase this from me now, Nivlek! I need to seek other options if you are dropping out! This is a great OLED TV. It a good opportunity for you. BTW.. I guess you aren't interested in the soundbar as well?

BW for the New Year anyway! IP

BoeingMan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Still waiting for an answer Nivlek.. whether you are still interested in the Oled. Kindly advise me one way or another. I have been holding off for you..Seemed to me it was only a matter of "transport"! BW IP

Gaslight

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Reaction score
Still waiting for an answer Nivlek.. whether you are still interested in the Oled. Kindly advise me one way or another. I have been holding off for you..Seemed to me it was only a matter of "transport"! BW IP

When someone writes GLWTS and states his reason to bow out, then its pretty much over, imo..

BoeingMan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
When someone writes GLWTS and states his reason to bow out, then its pretty much over, imo..
I had no idea what that meant, TTTT! Sometimes it needs to be made clearer! I hope he will do so in due course. There is no reason not to.
Just looked it up on Google.. "Good Luck With The Sale".. Ah well you live and learn..seems a bit "brief" when you have been in detailed communications with someone and going to the trouble of trying to be helpful (as other contributors have also been).Thanks for your own helpful comment! IP

Last edited:

BoeingMan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Attention AvForumers! FYI..! New Final package Price £1075

I really want to shift my Sony A1 65” OLED TV and Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar , but now only together as a package. No ifs and buts about separating them any more..! Originally when I started advertising these back towards the end of October, I tried then to sell them as a package for £1500, then I reduced it to £1275 about a month later at the end of November. Since then I have had some “sniffs” for the individual items, which have ultimately come to nothing.

Now in the interests of shifting these I am asking £1075. for the TV and Soundbar(+ Sub-Woofer) together. The £75 element is to pay for my local dealer to send two of his lads around to dismantle the equipment and help prepare it for transporting ,which will ensure the equipment (TV especially) will be handled with care as far as the buyer’s vehicle outside. It requires two people to do this ,as any buyer will be aware. If you look at the original photos of the back view, you will see that it is quite a “complex” mounting in the present configuration, using VESA located mounting points and the screen needs “lifting off” the stand.

This TV is a big beast and requires either a small van or a vehicle with enough interior space to either stand it up or lie it down (Measures 145cm x 83Cm). Suggestions have been made (in this trail) for using a couple of duvets to lie the screen flat, or maybe a soft mattress. If wishing to transport it upright ,a good idea would be for a “mate” to mind it during the drive home.

My asking price now represents a deal that can only be described as a “steal” ! My original advertisement indicates that there have been at least 5000 hits on it! In my opinion, that seems amazing! Someone in that number must surely be a genuinely interested buyer of top class gear! Can’t all be “time wasters” or “passers-by” or readers with nothing better to do!!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom