Sony Bravia 40" LCD TV - Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by P Frew, Sep 19, 2007.

1. P Frew

P Frew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the Sony Bravia and the picture quality is not very good especially when watching Sports. The edges appear blurred.
    Is it the TV or the Aerial. Using Sky Aerial

2. Oggie

Oggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +619
    what model is your tv??

3. P Frew

P Frew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Model is Sony Bravia KDL - 40S2530

4. Aaron Mc

Aaron Mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    easily sprted, you bought a sub-standard **** Sony model. Take it back and buy a newer one which has almost got all of the problems sorted.

To be fair you probably won't be happy with the latest model either, they're just not good enough STILL.

Try the X3500 and if you're still not happy then I suggest buying a good 2nd hand CRT off eBay.

Hope this helps

5. Oggie

Oggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +619
    i dont own that model but have you tried to play with settings ?? if you have just pluged tv in straight from the box picture will not look that great. you gotta turn effect off and turn things such as sharpness down. normaly bravias are set to vivid picture setting which is to high in sharpness and contrast. if there is different picture setting set it to standard, then try and reduce sharpness. sorry cant be more help !!!!

6. 961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    If you are not happy with the quality then the first option is to change the set if this is still possible. John Lewis for example will change within 28 days for any reason. Other retailers might do a deal if you buy a more expensive model

Sony Bravia has moved on since the S model. There was the V and I have the W. They have since moved on through the X to a new generation

It is also quite fair to say that the S brings you a flat panel tv from Sony at what is now an attractive price, but not with the picture quality of the later
    (1080 line) sets

Tweaking the settings of the set to obtain best performance is worth while. If you subscribe to sky HD you will probably get a new dish if yours is more than a year or so old, plus an improved LNB and a HD box which can improve sd pictures

7. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Tvs always come with horrendus standard settings :thumbsdow I'm not sure if the settings are exactly the same as my W Series Bravia but try these settings this should improve things. The Bravia LCDs arn't the best for SD material though, in HD they are awesome !

Backlight 4
    Contrast 85
    Brightness 42
    Colour 45
    Colour Temp' Neutral
    Sharpness 10
    Noise Reduction off

In Advanced Setup bit

Black corr' off
    Adv' Cont' Enc' off'
    Gamma Low
    Clear White off
    Live Colour Med
    Colour Space Wide
    Mpeg Noise off

8. davo1011

davo1011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a sony bravia KDL32V2500. I am having exactly the same problems. We have freesat, connected to the Tv via a scart. The picture quality watching sports is very poor - fuzzy and blurred. I have tried a Belkin scart and this has not improved the image. I have also spent ages adjusting the settings, but the problem appears more fundamental.

Have you had any joy? I can't work out whether it a probolem with the TV itself, or the connection between the TV and freesat box. The signal strength to the freesat box is strong. The general picture quality is good, and superb when viewing HD programmes - problems apepasr to be mainly limited to watching sports.

9. JootecFromMars

JootecFromMars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    How do you have your sky box connected to the TV? You state sky aerial. Make sure you are using a scart cable and have the sky box output RGB - Services/System Setup/Picture Settings/Video Output=RGB.