• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony Bravia - 32S550 - Buzzing on speakers?

Amnesia180

Standard Member
Hi All,

I've got a Sony Bravia KDL-32S5500, picked it up at Play.com.

I noticed that whilst watchign some films and TV programmes, especially where the voices from actors are croaky and quite low/bassy there would be a crackling/faint buzz coming from the speaker - it didn't sound like it was broken, but sounded like it couldn't cope with that frequency. So I tried everything from turning the Dynamic audio off, reducing the bass, etc. Nothing working.

I assumed the TV was faulty and sent it back, they swapped it for a brand new one.

I put the DVD back in (Dexter) and guess what, it's happening again. I also notice that the panel on the rear is making a very faint humming noise (like an eletrical noise too).

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing similar or the same difficulties? Or am I just being picky?

The reason I ask, is because I paid £370 for this TV and my £180 Daewoo LCD doesn't seem to make those noises out of the left speaker... OK the overall sound quality is nowhere near as good, but surely a Sony Bravia shouldn't be fuzzing like that at low frequencies (I have also noticed it whilst watching The Simpsons and Lord of the Rings, rarely do I hear it on the Music Channels like Kerrang or MTV).

Thanks for your help :smashin:
Amnesia

jbainbridge

Standard Member
We got one just before Christmas. Though I can't say I've noticed anything like that (and would certainly notice sound problems or background noise).

Does it only happen on external inputs - you mention a DVD? (We don't use the inbuilt tuner at all - everything comes from the Topfield or DVD). Maybe try a different scart lead?

JB.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom