• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony Bravia 1080P LCD, 42"

MKennedy4565

Standard Member
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, but have a question for everyone already. I bought my Sony Bravia 1080 P about 2-3 years ago. I can't for the life of me remember the model # (as I'm at work).

Anyways, I was watching tv yesterday morning and everything was fine. When I returned home the "Standby" mode red light was flashing. It flashes 13 times and then stops for a minute or so and then starts back up. I called my cable subsribers and that's not it. I turn off the tv, it turns on but as soon as I do that it immediately goes into standby. I unplugged it for an extended period of time, nothing.

Late last night I tried it a couple times. I all of a sudden saw the tv work (a show came on) but then immediately went back to standy.

I don't have warranty anymore and I'm really hoping the $2,000 tv I bought hasn't crapped out on me.

Can anyone suggest anything :lease:

Thanks so much.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom