• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony BP360 or what else?

petrolhead

Whats going on with the price of this, earlier it was £99 from RS MR as well. Now its £145

Anyway reason I am lking is my DVD HC System for the bedroom has packed in and as I have a few Blue Rays now I thought it would be good to have the option for both. The TV is only standard deff, old 37" Panny PW5 and I will have to use the component out

So which player? Sony 360 or RS have the Panny BD35 for £119 MR
Needs to good with SD and able to play Region 1 DVDs

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member

petrolhead

Tesco Direct have it at £99
Sony BDPS360 Blu-Ray Disc Player - Tesco.Direct

It was just RS have the BD35 for £119 and its MR, local as well.

I have looked at the making the Sony MR but from what I can tell I would have to buy an AllInOne remote

I thought the only difference between the BD35 and BD60 was the 60 had the audio outs

petrolhead

So I have two choices:

1) Buy the Panny BD35 for upstairs as its already MR and available from a shop for £119

2) This is an option I have just thought of, relegate my existing Panny BD30 to the bedroom and buy somit for the Home Cinema

So, if you were going to buy for the HC what would you suggest, still the BD35 or somit better. The only problem I can think of the BD30 SD playback is not the best

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Nothing major just something to do with Viera cast and maybe USB.......i forget.
Audio/Video of course remain the same.

BD60 loads quicker... looks better and can play divx back from USB.

From memory...

For £99 i'd buy the Sony!

mrbenn

i'm in the same boat - waiting to get a good deal!

the new sony blur rays have been announced - seem to offer alot more not sure about retail but would imagine £180?

hopefully richers will discount all the MR 360 to get them cleared

petrolhead

i'm in the same boat - waiting to get a good deal!

the new sony blur rays have been announced - seem to offer alot more not sure about retail but would imagine £180?

hopefully richers will discount all the MR 360 to get them cleared
The only have Non MR Sony players

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom