Sony Blu-Ray to DishNetwork Receiver

streit2

Standard Member
Just installed a Sony BDV- e570 blue ray system. I am trying to run my DishNetwork satellite through the surround sound. Every avenue that I have tried has failed. No picture, no sound on anything. Right now I have a HDMI running from blue ray receiver to TV and an HDMI running from satellite receiver to TV. I've tried optical from TV to rceiever, optical from receiver to reciever. No luck anywhere. Any suggestions?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Obviously optical from satellite system to home cinema is the way to go - but you need to make sure you have selected optical in as source on the home cinema when you want to hear the audio from the satellite system. And you need to make sure that the satellite system is outputting an audio signal that the home cinema can understand (i.e. if PCM stereo only, make sure optical input is set to PCM stereo; if Dolby Digital only, make sure optical input is set to DD; if both, make sure it is set to Auto so it can switch between the two).

For picture - connect the satellite system to your TV; not to your home cinema.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom