• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY Blu Ray Surround Sound - Want to Add Outdoor Speakers

munch606

Standard Member
We bought my parents a Sony Blu Ray Surround Sound system for Christmas. Now we want to buy them outdoor speakers for the back patio. I like the features the Blu Ray has and would like to utilize that for the outdoor system. (Pandora, mainly)

Here's the Blu Ray system Sony BDV-E570 -
Sony BDV-E570 Internet-ready 3D Blu-ray Disc™ home theater system with built-in Wi-Fi® - Hands-on Research at Crutchfield.com

Will that be enough to power these if we used the main stereo speaker outputs?
For only $76.14 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 8 Inches 2-Way Coaxial Waterproof Rock Speakers (Pair) - 45W Nominal, 100W Max /w PEI Dome tweeter with FerroFluid | Waterproof Rock Speakers=

I'll worry about outputs and all that later, just not so sure if this would even work.

If not, is there another way to run Pandora out to a receiver out in the garage?

mentm

Not really a good idea, the outdoor speakers are rated as 8ohms and the sony is 3ohms AFAIK.

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve here but you will be better off with a stereo amplifier in the long run

munch606

Standard Member
Not really a good idea, the outdoor speakers are rated as 8ohms and the sony is 3ohms AFAIK.

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve here but you will be better off with a stereo amplifier in the long run

Thanks for the answer! I figured as much, just don't know enough about the ratings to know what you really can or can't do. I'll go with the amp. I appreciate the help!

I was just hoping to be able to use the features of the Blu Ray for their outside patio. Pandora, Slacker, FM Tuner, etc. Anyone know of any other good way to get Pandora to an amp in the garage? My parents don't have a smart phone yet so that's not an option. If it's too complicated or pricey, I won't worry about it. They can listen to FM!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom