Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S570 wifi connectivity

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dan R, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Dan R

Dan R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S570 and am very keen on the wifi connection. But is this any good? I read one review which said it didn't get a consistent connection which would be disappointing as the ability to stream online is a big factor for me. Any feedback from people who have purchased it would be much appreciated. Or is there an alternitive player with a better wifi connection?

Cheers

2. nehalem

nehalem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I'd caution over one review mentioning a problem as wi-fi reception is always going to be different depending on numerous unique variables in people homes.

Haven't heard of any widespread issues to be honest, but if you are concerned, you could always get the 470 and a pair of homeplugs?

3. Gren

Gren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Have the 770 and have had mixed experiences over the past week I've had it. Watched a whole movie the other day with no problem but the last twice its been infuriating. If the connection drops you have to go back the the movie choice screen. All films were through Lovefilm.

What I should say is that I watched the first film during a Saturday afternoon and the last 2 times were early evening during the week - airwaves in our area may be more congested at these times?

4. pscolling

pscolling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I own an S570 and have no problems at all streaming from my Netgear ReadyNAS via my Wireless Router. The Router is 'N' spec and is approximately 7 metres from the 570 (through walls and a floor). There are no other wireless routers in range though, and we live in a rural area so there is little chance of interference. I've sucessfully streamed HD content from my ReadyNAS and iPlayer too without interruption which I'm really impressed with.

Paul

5. nehalem

nehalem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    try downloading inSSIDer inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner | MetaGeek - allows you to see what channel all your neighbours access points are on. Then you can move your router to clear(er) channel! Worked brilliantly for me as all the old dears in my block have their stock BT router running on the same channel!

6. Gren

Gren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Did that whe I set up the router but may have to look again as that was a couple of years ago.

7. trustory

trustory
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Mine works great with my Wireless N O2 router on the floor above where the player is. No problems with HD iPlayer etc.