Sony BDVFS350 - got one today

DodgeT

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I had been wanting an Onkyo HTX22HD to go with my PS3 & 37LG5000, but being someone who hates waiting, as nowhere has stock of the Onkyo....

I dropped into the Sony Centre at Trafford and came away with one of these.

I'm ditching the PS3 as I dont use it for anything other than Blu Rays, and wanted a neat system, with not over the top / overly loud, but decent sound, ie. mainly why I went for a 2.1 as I dont want wires everywhere.

Have to say I'm well chuffed with the system, I reckon the 350 player produces a better picture than the PS3, and the sound is really good, far better than I'd expected from a 2.1 system.

I'm sure a full on 5.1 system would blow this away, but for £440, for the full system, I would recommend it to anyone, wanting a good sound experience, without the hassle of a 5.1 system.

Tried it out on Dark Knight, great, this must be the 4th time I've watched it now in about 4 weeks.....

is there anyway to hook up an xbox to these speakers?
I'm tempted by the onkyo as well, but i would need to have a blu ray player and xbox going through the speakers, and I'm guessing this won't do it?

cheers

Here's a pic of the rear, so you can see all the various inputs.

Currently got the blu ray going in the BD slot on the left, and the tv via optical.

Plenty of inputs left, dont know what the x-box goes into though...

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• STP62629.jpg
    STP62629.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,844
anyone else got any reviews on these? I'm not sure i can be bothered to wait around for the onkyo. I can't seem to find many official reviews either?

cheers

Is it a tuner as well and can you connect an ipod?

without sounding daft, what would you connect the ipod with?

If you need any specific pics, just ask!

Had this for a few weeks and have to say, its a good piece of kit.

The sub has to be turned right down for fear of blowing the neighbours away.

I watched cloverfield the other night, at the bit where all the lights go off near the beginning, I nearly jumped off the sofa cause I thought there had been an explosion outside in the street behind me!! :eek:

without sounding daft, what would you connect the ipod with?

If you need any specific pics, just ask!

Had this for a few weeks and have to say, its a good piece of kit.

The sub has to be turned right down for fear of blowing the neighbours away.

I watched cloverfield the other night, at the bit where all the lights go off near the beginning, I nearly jumped off the sofa cause I thought there had been an explosion outside in the street behind me!! :eek:

Hi there

I bought one of these a couple of days ago and have to say that I'm really disappointed! Does the treble on yours sound nice and crisp? Mine is muffled whatever setting I go for on both the TV and the unit - the TV sound is actually better

If the treble is good on yours, then mine must have a duff amp

Cheers

Mike

No tuner. There is a DMPORT, which should take an iPod dock.

provided you buy the "optional" dmport adaptor,at a cost.

Mine was OK, but I sold it and got an Onkyo HTX22HD instead, there's no comparison in my opinion, the Onkyo is far better all round.

Sorry, I guess this isn't what you wanted to hear:( If you could take it back and get your money back I would, but thats just my opinion of course.

Hi there

I bought one of these a couple of days ago and have to say that I'm really disappointed! Does the treble on yours sound nice and crisp? Mine is muffled whatever setting I go for on both the TV and the unit - the TV sound is actually better

If the treble is good on yours, then mine must have a duff amp

Cheers

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom