Sony BDV-E380 Issues

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Robbie4000, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Robbie4000

Robbie4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently connected up my new BDV-E380 to my Sony Bravia KDL-40S5500U tv. The E380 is connected via HDMI to the TV in HDMI, xbox360 connects to the 1st HDMI input on the E380. Xbox360 works fine, blu-rays work fine, and movies stream from my NAS fine.

The thing that doesnt work is the TV. I can watch the TV and hear sound via the TV speakers, but when changing the audio output to Audio System, I get no sound. I'm not sure if the KDL-40S5500U supports ARC or not. There is no optical port on the TV either so I cant use that.

I've gone through the various settings on the tv and the E380, but getting no joy. Any suggestions are most welcome:lease:

2. rojgelf

rojgelf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    You need to find if TV is arc. Is there a setting on TV to turn it on? Is HDMI on correct HDMI port on TV - on my TV arc port is 2.

3. Robbie4000

Robbie4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate, still trying to find out if the TV is ARC i've only had it for 2 years so just assumed it would be. I've tried the other HDMI ports with no success. Its a freeview built in TV, so my other option is probably to ignore the built in freeview and perhaps get a Freeview HD box and connect that up via the opticial audio.

Only bought this as I got the Star Wars saga for christmas, most expensive blu-ray set ever :facepalm: