Sony BDV e280 setup advice

simcra

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing the above system however I need a bit of advice please. I currently have a sony tv, ps3 and sky hd. I can see from other threads that sky hd needs to be connected to the system via optical as sky will not support 5.1 through hdmi. Will it be ok to connect my ps3 to the e280 through hdmi and then connect the e280 to the tv via hdmi? will the e280 play 5.1 from the ps3 if connected this way?

p.s what are the differences between the e280 and the e380. I can see the e380 supports ?

Cheers folks!

simcra said:
I'm thinking of purchasing the above system however I need a bit of advice please. I currently have a sony tv, ps3 and sky hd. I can see from other threads that sky hd needs to be connected to the system via optical as sky will not support 5.1 through hdmi. Will it be ok to connect my ps3 to the e280 through hdmi and then connect the e280 to the tv via hdmi? will the e280 play 5.1 from the ps3 if connected this way?

p.s what are the differences between the e280 and the e380. I can see the e380 supports ?

Cheers folks!

E280 will work with sky and ps3 as you describe. Main difference with e380 seems to be cosmetic. 380 has a sloping front and I think different speakers. Have a look at them in curry's etc.

You would need to connect sky into HDMI input 1 as only this input allows you to select the audio from the optical in and video from the hdmi! Then just change the sky audio settings! I've just got the bdv-e280 myself (£238 - Amazon - free delivery) great for the price!

JBadger88 said:
You would need to connect sky into HDMI input 1 as only this input allows you to select the audio from the optical in and video from the hdmi! Then just change the sky audio settings! I've just got the bdv-e280 myself (£238 - Amazon - free delivery) great for the price!

Hi could you also just plug the optical cable into player then hdmi into the tv. Thus allowing u to watch sky without surround?
Iv just bought this surround. It's a nice easy bit of kit. However when I turn tv on in morning iv got to wait for player to warm up then mess around choosing hdmi 1 to get pic etc. bit of a mess round. U know a better way?

Hi could you also just plug the optical cable into player then hdmi into the tv. ?Thus allowing u to watch sky without surround?

Yes that is what most people do.

Hi right then the wife is moaning coz the cables are hanging everywhere. The problem I have is that the rear cables are 2 short to sit correct.

Can anyone advise me on which products I need to extend the rear cables. Do I need a wire connector coz the wires are sealed into the speakers plus have the little jack for amp, so to split the wire it looks like a need a connector.

Cheers guys

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom