• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony BDPS360 or Philips BDP3000?

Y Cymro

Standard Member
Hi
Which blu ray player will work best with my Philips 7404 - I'm wondering if the Philips will work better with the same make TV?
Spoke with Richersounds today and they said I wouldn't see any difference in picture quality between the two brands with blu ray or dvd.
I've got lots of films and other programmes I've recorded from SD Sky onto DVD. Will these players upscale the picture to better quality - and if so which does a better job?
Thanks.

skk3

Prominent Member
Hi
Which blu ray player will work best with my Philips 7404 - I'm wondering if the Philips will work better with the same make TV?
Spoke with Richersounds today and they said I wouldn't see any difference in picture quality between the two brands with blu ray or dvd.
I've got lots of films and other programmes I've recorded from SD Sky onto DVD. Will these players upscale the picture to better quality - and if so which does a better job?
Thanks.

I would go for a Sony on grounds of reliability and firmware support. A search on this forum should help you decide. Cheers.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I too would go with the Sony, it's a little more expensive but well worth the extra in terms of speed and frequency of updates.

Richer Sounds haven't lied to you either... well maybe a little, on Blu Ray i very much doubt you'll see any difference, but on SD DVD the Sony is rated better.

So basically, let it come down to budget -

Sony BDPS360 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo - £112

Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo - £97

I suppose one benefit may be that your existing remote may be compatible with the Philips player...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom