• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony BDPS350 with RX-V3800 amp

slyborg

Hi

Quick question, given my Yamaha amp do I need to worry that the 350 can't decode DTS-MA etc. and just let it bitstream everything to my amp and let it handle decoding?

Just making sure I don't need to get an S550 instead, already bought a laptop and paid extra for blu ray drive and now realised it wont do HD audio so wanna be careful this time :)

Ta

Si

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi

Quick question, given my Yamaha amp do I need to worry that the 350 can't decode DTS-MA etc. and just let it bitstream everything to my amp and let it handle decoding?

Ta

Si

No need to worry mate :thumbsup: bitstream your HD audio. :)
All the best.

niktheguru

Standard Member
Shouldn't be a problem mate. I've just bought the 1800 version of the yamaha with the s350. It should let your brilliant amp process everything fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom